In Attendance: Parents: Laura Edwards (Pres 2), Mo Guangying (Kindergarten), Staff: Karen Venneri, Francesca Dobbin, Sylvie Brown, Meike Van Gerwen
Regrets: Parent – Sarah Warden (Infant)
Transitions & Enrolment at Glen Morris
Jim S., principal at Huron St. PS is leaving and a new principal for September 2013 will be announced.
The attached financial statement reflects actual revenue and expenses as of the year end April 30, 2013.
Revenue: 87% Fees, 7% City of Toronto Wage Grants, and 6% Student Life Subsidy
Expenses: 88% Salaries & Benefits, and 12% Program costs
(a) In year surplus of $17,630 projected as of December 31, 2012 has been reduced to $7, 172 for the following reasons:
Deferred fee increase from Jan. 1, 2013 to May 1, 2013
Increased costs in salary & benefits:
More repairs to the physical environment, but costs were offset by Health & Safety funding approximately $7,000 from the City of Toronto, for the miler installed on the windows.
(b) Projected carry forward deficit balance of $45,822 (from $145,800 in 2010)
Last instalment of debt payment was made by April 30th year end
We are starting the 2013-14 budget year with no deficit, and with an accumulated contingency fund of $127, 715 to deal with market influences on enrolment, unpredictable staff replacement costs, and expenses related to replacement of major equipment / furnishings used by the children.
Staff Vacation & sick time
– Should be held in mid to late September, after transitions and enrolment is completed, and it also provides an opportunity to welcome new families to the ELC
– September will also be the ELC’s 10Th anniversary, and ELC can provide a celebratory cake and refreshments for the potluck
– Proposed time to begin is 5 p.m.
– Suggestion to keep the younger and older children on separate playgrounds to ensure safety, and if there is inclement weather, it will be held inside in the middle spaces
– Meike volunteered to organize a team of staff to help with the planning
– Karen will follow up with Sarah to solicit a few parent volunteers to organize the pot luck and assist with clean up after the event
o A call for new parent classroom representatives will go out in September 2013
Posted on August 19, 2013